Met students at the door to shake hands and ask, "What did you have for breakfast?" Teaching students to answer questions on the fly and look people in the eye and take the question seriously even though you don't think it is serious and to project.
Had students draw a house (see somewhat finished product below). They then had to "paint" it using a pencil or pen. Finished product judged by whether or not someone would pay you for your efforts.
1. Did you finish? No one paying you for painting half the house.
2. Did you paint the window or doors? That wastes your paint and it also wastes your time cleaning it up.
3. Did you paint the whole house the same thickness? You'd have to go back and fix that.
4. Was it boring? You only did that for 5min or so. You have to do a real job 8hrs and turn around and do it again the next day.
5. Did it make your hand hurt? Imagine what it would feel like painting a house for 8hrs.
Use the link above to do an assingment. We will sooner or later get all 16 career clusters. Click on Agriculture, food, and natural resources and then click on "Careers in this
cluster". Look over the various occupations.
Here is what your paper should look like:
1. Agriculture, food, and natural resources.
#3 Write the title and explanation of your third favorite job in this category.
#2 Write the title and explanation of your second favorite job in this category.
#1 Write the title and explanation of your most favorite job in this category.
WAGE: click on your #1 favorite occupation and write the wage for this occupation.
EDUCATION: click on your #1 favorite occupation and write the education necessary for this occupation.
We used the information on the main CAREER PREP page to set up our on-line book. See Mr. Yahr to get your class code and redemption code.
Draw and paint your house. The house you draw should be so big it fills the whole page. Have 1 door, 2 windows, and a roof (also paint the roof).
Do all for 1. Agriculture.....
See Mr. Yahr to get started with the on-line book.
Badcock Home Furniture
Chris Myers AutoMall
E.S. Cosmetic Surgery
Emerald Coast Growers
Old Battles Place
TUE OCT 15 --->
CERT testing 9th & 11th
PRE ACT testing 10th
Start of 2nd Quarter
Click here to follow the directions to access student grades and other information.
Note: You must log in twice each time you access information.
1st log in -- username homeuser
2nd log in --
username and password that is provided on your student's INow Home Portal Login Slip - contact the school office in person for your username and password.