This is today's assignment:
1. Start a new document.
2. Put your name at the top.
3. Type in these 6 headings and rate yourself from 0 to 20 on each heading:
a. Realistic (work with objects & practical)
b. Investigative (learn & solve problems)
c. Artistic (imagination & creativity)
d. social (outgoing & work in groups)
e. enterprising (assertive & lead people)
f. conventional (well-orgainzed & follow a plan)
4. Take the interest survey found at this LINK
5. Take a screenshot of the bar chart with your 6 scores (the first bar is "R" for realistic, etc.).
6. Write down the two categories that were the biggest difference (EX: you rated yourself as 17 for social and the survey results had you at 5 for social = a difference of 17-5=12).
7. For both categories from #6 you need to write who is correct and why (EX: SOCIAL: I believe my evaluation of 17 is correct rather than the computer's score of 5 because I talke a lot and group chat constantly and like to do group work).
8. Write down which of the following 4 categories is most important for you when thinking about a job:
MATCH (job matches your interests)
OUTLOOK (job has lots of opportunities to get hired)
HRLY WAGE (job pays well)
EDUCATION (job requires lots of education/experience)
9. At the top of the job list next to the chart click on your choice from #8 so the occupation list is sorted according to your criteria.
10. Now that the list of occupations is sorted type into your document the top 5 occupations on the list.
11. E-mail the document to me TYAHR@bcbe.org
Badcock Home Furniture
Chris Myers AutoMall
E.S. Cosmetic Surgery
Emerald Coast Growers
South AL Orthodontics
3 Circle Church
West Ready Mix
WED AUG 14
Click here to follow the directions to access student grades and other information.
Note: You must log in twice each time you access information.
1st log in -- username homeuser
2nd log in --
username and password that is provided on your student's INow Home Portal Login Slip - contact the school office in person for your username and password.